The National Home Service Contract Association (NHSCA) is a non profit 501(c) (6) industry trade organization of member companies serving home service contract providers and consumer interests throughout the United States.
The NHSCA exists to:
· Conduct research and promote education, publications and other methods that improve the public’s understanding of the value and benefits of home service contracts.
· Foster the improvement of business conditions in the home service contract industry.
· Provide clear statutory definition and standards for the proper treatment of the home service contract industry.
· Distinguish the home service contract industry from insurance, retail warranty and extended warranty and the automobile dealer service business.
· Encourage sound and ethical business practices, higher business standards and better business methods and cooperation among its members.
· Inform its members of changes in laws and practices as well as pending legislation that affects the home service contract market nationwide as well as sponsoring meetings and educational programs.
· Work for the enactment of laws to advance the home service contract industry; promote standards beneficial to consumers and the common interests of the association members and the home service contract industry; contribute to regulatory and legislative proceedings and promote the better understanding and consumer benefits of home service contracts.